Pacific Psychiatric Advantage
With so many choices of places for patients to seek treatment at, it’s important for them to know why Pacific Psychiatric should be at the top of the list.
- We are one of the most experienced psychiatric clinics in the nation with the use of IV ketamine infusions for treatment resistant depression and other psychiatric conditions. We have been providing ketamine infusions since 2015, and have completed over 3500 infusions without a single incident of a severe adverse event. Other clinics may dabble with ketamine, or use a less evidence-based modality such as oral, intranasal, or intramuscular injection, but at Pacific Psychiatric the focus of our clinic’s ketamine service is the intravenous administration method, which is the unarguably most evidence-based modality.
- We are one of the only private practice clinics in the nation to have both a psychiatrist and an anesthesiologist on staff. We are able to tap into the expertise from both fields to provide ketamine infusion treatments in the safest and most effect manner possible.
- Our current protocols, based on years of our own experience with over 3500 infusions, and the ever-growing base of medical literature, allow our success rate to be amongst the highest in the nation, at more than 80%, based on objective data collected. 80% of patients that start IV ketamine treatments in our clinic successfully move from our induction phases to our maintenance phase.
- We are not a “ketamine clinic.” We are an interventional psychiatric clinic and wellness center, which means we treat all levels of depression with an array of treatment modalities, from conservative psychiatric medication management, psychotherapy, Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation, Theta Burst Stimulation, IV ketamine therapy, Spravato™ (esketamine), and injectable nutrient therapies.
- Availability and Accessibility: We are open 6 days a week (we are closed on Sundays and major holidays). This means we don’t have to bend our recommended protocols around our limited availability like other “part time ketamine clinics.” We are conveniently located in downtown Del Mar in a beautiful medical building.
- We are in-network with most major payors and can bill most of our services (excluding ketamine treatments) directly to insurance companies. Our staff is very experienced with billing, prior authorization requests, and other insurance matters. This expertise means that we take the guesswork out of what insurance plans will and won’t cover, and how much patients will be expected to pay for specific services within our clinic well before they start the treatments.
- We are the first psychiatric clinic in California to get patients both approved for, and treated with, the newly FDA-approved intranasal antidepressant Spravato (esketamine). Our providers and staff are dedicated to becoming the foremost authority on the clinical use of Spravato and on insurance issues related to it.
- Dr. Jake Hollingsworth is currently a fellow in the American Integrative Health & Medicine’s Integrative Medicine Fellowship, which means that he will be bringing the latest advances in holistic and alternative medicine to the patients at Pacific Psychiatric. Patients will be able to access these integrative medicine treatments as they become implemented to the clinic’s wide array of treatment options that are already available. We know how hard it is to decipher what’s “good” and “bad” in the “non-western medicine” world of medicine. Dr. Jake Hollingsworth is dedicated to learning these techniques, and bringing new treatments and different types of traditional and non-traditional practitioners to Pacific Psychiatric so patients will be able to be choose from a wide variety of tools and treatments to help them maintain or improve their overall mental health.