New Patient Information
The following information is provided for people considering being seen as a new patient at Pacific Psych Centers. It is divided into several sections to help patients read the information that is relevant to their reasons for being seen. The “General Clinic Information” is information on the clinic policies that apply to all patients. The subsequent sections are specific to patients seeking care for specific services, such as psychiatric services, psychotherapy services, IV ketamine, and TMS. New patients are expected to read the sections that apply to them prior being scheduled as a new patient. If a person has questions on any of the below information, either our administrative staff can answer them at the time of scheduling, or they can be answered by the provider during the initial appointment depending on the nature of the question(s).
General Clinic Information
- We accept most insurances for psychiatric services and for TMS, but unfortunately we do not accept Medicare, Medi-Cal, SHARP or Kaiser. Insurances do not cover IV ketamine, and Psychotherapy is an Out-of-Network service.
- A $150 deposit is required to hold/confirm new patient appointments. The deposit will be refunded when seen for the appointment, or if cancelled or rescheduled with at least one full business day notice.
- We do not diagnose or treat pain conditions.
- We do not see patients under the age of 18.
- Late-Cancel/No-Show Policy
- Appointments cancelled or rescheduled with less than one full business day notice will be assessed a Late-Cancel fee.
- Appointments that are not cancelled and not attended will be assessed a No-Show fee.
- Patients with two consecutive or three cumulative Late-Cancels or No-Shows are subject to dismissal from the practice.
- Late-Cancels or No-Shows to initial appointments will not be rescheduled and deposits will not be refunded.
- Late-Cancel/No-Show Fees
- New Patient Appointment: $150
- Psychiatry Appointment: $75
- Psychotherapy Appointment: $75
- IV Ketamine Infusion: $150
- TMS Appointment: $25
- Communication Policies with the clinic: All messages to the providers are to be directed to the clinic at (858) 261-4622 or via the webchat device on the PPC website. Messages will be triaged appropriately by the administrative staff depending on level of urgency.
- Psychiatry appointments, TMS and Ketamine Consultations, and Psychotherapy appointments may be conducted via telemedicine.
- Telemedicine is done through our patient portal called OnPatient.
- Patients must register through the patient portal and sign all treatment consents 24 hours prior to the scheduled appointment.
- Patients must login and be ready for the visit to begin a minimum of 10 minutes prior to the scheduled appointment time.
- Appointments are offered via telemedicine and in-office.
- We accept most insurances, but unfortunately we do not accept Medicare, Medi-Cal, SHARP, or Kaiser.
- Self-pay rate for the initial consultation: $250
- Self-pay rate for follow up appointments: $200
- Psychiatric appointments are done by our psychiatrist, Dr. Jake Hollingsworth, and our psychiatric physician assistant (PA), Rafael Ramos, depending on availability.
- We do not prescribe benzodiazepines.
- Examples of benzodiazepines: Xanax (alprazolam), Klonopin (clonazepam), Valium (diazepam), Ativan (lorazepam), and Restoril (temazepam).
- Prescription Writing/Refill Policy
- All prescribing is done during the psychiatric appointment.
- Quantities of medications, including appropriate refills, are provided to patients to get the next planned or scheduled appointment.
- If a patient needs a refill due to not scheduling or missing an appointment, a $25 fee per medication will be assessed.
- If a patient needs a refill due to a prescriber or pharmacy error, fees will not be assessed.
- All prescription refill requests must be done via the “Medication Refill Request Form” on the Patient Resources page on the PPC website.
- All medication adjustments must be done during appointments, not via email or phone call.
- ADHD Patients
- Prior to starting a stimulant medication, an in-office appointment, psychological testing, and drug screening is required
- Testing can be done at our office or a referral can be made.
- Psychological testing (in-office): $250 (Out-of-Network)
- Drug screen: $50
- Monthly psychiatric follow-ups appointments are required for patients prescribed stimulants for the first six-months of treatment, when bi-monthly appointments may be approved.
- Patients prescribed stimulants may not use illicit substance or cannabis/THC products.
- Patients are required to sign an agreement to the above ADHD policies prior to being prescribed medication.
- Our therapists are all Marriage and Family Therapists (MFT).
- Our therapists are Out-of-Network, and payment in full is required prior to being seen.
- Rates for psychotherapy are $140 for new appointments and follow-up sessions.
- For patients with Out-of-Network coverage, a superbill can be provided upon request, which can be submitted for potential reimbursement.
Injectable Ketamine Therapy
- Ketamine is not FDA-approved to treat depression. It is used as an “off-label” treatment for psychiatric indications. It is FDA-Approved for use as an anesthetic.
- Patients are not allowed to drive until the morning following the treatment.
- Insurance companies will not reimburse for ketamine treatments. Payment in full is required prior to the treatment being administered.
- Typically, patients do an “induction phase” which is 6 treatments done over 2 weeks, and if symptoms have responded or remitted, patients transition to a “maintenance phase” which is one treatment every 2-6 weeks. Each patient is different and treatment recommendations can vary depending on circumstances.
- Patients should not use drugs or excessive alcohol for 24 hours prior to ketamine infusions being administered.
- Fees for IV ketamine infusions are $550 per infusion.
- Fees for IM ketamine injections are $375 per injection.
Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation
- TMS is an FDA-Approved, non-medication treatment for depression and OCD.
- TMS is typically a covered expense for those with commercial health insurance plans.
- To be approved by insurance plans, it is required to try and fail several psychiatric medications.
- TMS consultations are completed by our psychiatrist or our physician assistant depending on availability.
- TMS consists of 30-36 treatments done 5 days per week over 5-9 weeks, and each TMS treatment takes less than 15 minutes.
Medication Refill Request
For medications refill requests, complete the “Medication Refill Request Form” as thoroughly as possible. Refill requests will be processed within one business day. For more urgent requests, complete the form and contact the clinic via phone @ (858) 261-4622 or via the web chat device on the bottom right corner of all pages on this website.
For your convenience we have provided these fillable PDF forms for patient use. Please download and complete the form(s), and return to the office at Office@PacificPsychCenters.com. Be sure to include any appropriate attachments or additional information.